To ensure your rental property meets the new requirements of the recent Residential Tenancies Act changes simply complete the form below and we will complete a detailed assessment and quote for you.

ITM will arrange with you for the experts from Pink Fit to come and assess your property and prepare a custom quote for your insulation needs. 

More Information

If you are interested in more information about the RTA changes and what they mean for you there is more info and links below this form


What are the requirements of the Residential Tenancies Agreement

In simple terms if you are a landlord you need to ensure that your rental property has a minimum level of insulation. The amendment requires all rental properties to have underfloor and ceiling insulation by 2019. Plus you need to provide details of your property's insulation on new Tenancy Agreements.

The purpose of this is to have all renters in New Zealand living in warm, healthy homes. The Residential Tenancies Agreement (RTA) sets out those minimum standards for house insulation and explains your obligations as a landlord.

You can read more about the RTA and the amendment to the act on the Tenancy.govt website.

You can download a copy of the new Tenancy Agreement Form

You can download more information about the Insulation Requirements

Pink Fit

Pink Fit are experts at everything insulation related and have lots of experience with finding the right solution for New Zealand homes. They can assist with planning your ceiling insulation and floor insulation to meet the requirements of the RTA. 

Pink Batts

Leading independent research shows that glass wool is one of the most effective insulation materials available. Pink® Batts® has been New Zealands trusted insulation for over 50 years. Their products are made for New Zealand conditions and Pink Batts and ITM work with a network of PinkFit® installers who are committed to improving the warmth and comfort of New Zealand homes. You can find out more on Pink Batts on their website. 

Getting your quote

The easiest way to get a quote is to fill in the form at the top of this page

You can also call or visit your local ITM today to talk to them about your RTA needs. 


Voluntary Targeted Rates (VTR) - Council programmes

The following regions have a council programme where the cost of retrofitting a house with insulation is added to the council rates; these include rental properties.
The regions are:

Auckland Council - Retrofit your home programme
New Plymouth District Council - Home Energy Scheme
Greater Wellington Regional Council - Home Heating and Insulation Assistance
Dunedin City Council – Warm Dunedin programme
Hawkes Bay Regional Council – Heatsmart programme

Each programme and the programme processes vary between regions. More information is available from the local council. PinkFit® can help you through the process involved for each individual council.